Sunday, September 19, 2004

Why I don't use IE

So today I was trying to get some work done and I was cruising around the web. I stumbled across some info on a page that required Internet Explorer. No problem, thought I, I'll just go and fire up IE (Firefox is my browser of choice).

Well, since I've never bothered to change the main page off of my IE install it just automatically goes to Microsoft's site whenever I start it. Well, Microsoft must have done something to their main page that my IE install just doesn't like, because everytime I started IE it would start loading the MS website and just hang there until it eventually crashed. I tried this 5 or 6 times before I finally went in with regedit and changed the default start page of IE through the registry just so I could get Internet Explorer to load.

That strikes me as sad when the website of the company that manufactures the browser and the OS that you are using to view said website can't even get the various components to play nice. I understand having parts disabled. But crashing IE? Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home