Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Join the Suicidal Army

I suppose it's a sign that I'm getting older, but I just can't get into any of the music they play on the radio these days. I was never a big radio listener to begin with, but I have yet to hear a recent band that really grabs me. I've heard a few good singles in the last few years, but nothing that makes me want to go out and buy the album.

That's changed a little since I've been listening to last.fm, I've found a few new bands that I like. But I still find myself weeding out most of the modern stuff.

The main benefit of last.fm for me has been the rediscovery of bands that I had really forgotten that I liked. A few days ago, I was listening to last.fm, when a Suicidal Tendencies song came on. For some reason, Suicidal Tendencies, and their side project, Infectious Grooves, were two bands that I absolutely loved in high school, but really lost track of after I went to college. The last few days I've been on a tear, listening to ST non-stop. If you've never given them a listen and like heavy music at all, you should give them a try. The best part is, they're apparently still touring, so I might get a chance to check them out live if I'm lucky!

Thank you internet, for reuniting me with a long-lost love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home