Thursday, July 27, 2006

Qumana Test

I'm trying out Qumana after seeing it mentioned on lifehacker as their "Download of the Day." It's run on OS X and Windows.  I'm using it on WinXP and I have to admit that so far I'm impressed.  It does subtle little things like automatically inserting the last link you copied to the clipboard when you click on the hyperlink button that makes blogging a whole lot easier.


The Drop Pad looks like a neat idea as well.  I'll definitely have to try it out in the future.


Update: The WYSIWYG editor seems to be doing something wacky with my text alignment and margins.  Not quite sure why it happened, but hopefully the changes I made to the HTML source in the "Source View" editor will fix it.


Tags:


2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I use and like ecto, though I haven't tried Quama.

I've never found an HTML WYSIWYG editor that spat out the clean HTML I'd expect. I always turn those off. Writely is esp. terrible in their HTML.

4:28 PM  
Blogger egoodwin said...

Yeah...Qumana has some screwy default formatting that kind of ticks me off. I'm going to give it a few more posts to see if I like it or not. It'll probably be gone by mid-week.

Still, the interface is really nice.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home