Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Road Home

I should've linked this sooner, but the Houston Chronicle has a blog for evacuees from Rita looking to get back to Houston. It provides reader anecdotes and articles about gas availability, road conditions, and lane closures throughout the Gulf Coast area. I arrived about 3am last night after a long time on the road from Alabama. Thanks to my sister-in-law and her husband for putting us up for the last several days.

We decided to come into Houston from I-20 to Marshall and take I-59 South to Cleveland and cut across 105 to Conroe and I-45 South. We ended up hitting very little traffic. It looked like Cleveland and Conroe had limited power since most of the traffic lights weren't working and the street lights weren't lit. It was a little eery with all the trees down on the sides of the road and the pitch black of the buildings. But there was plenty of gas (regular unleaded only) at the gas station in Nacogdoches, and no complications. I hope everyone coming back to H-Town and the surrounding areas has as much luck as we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home