Sunday, January 01, 2006

Firefox Search Plugins by Ed

Awhile back I wrote a few finance-related Firefox search plugins and posted links on this weblog. The plugins didn't have an installer, so I expected you, my dear readers, to manually install them into the search-plugins folder.

As part of my New Year's Resolutions I decided to stop punting hard work on to my readers and whipped up a handy web page that automates the install. If you ever had a desire to search for a company's SEC filings, but were deterred by having to type in the URL of the SEC website, or couldn't remember the ticker symbol of a company's stock, then these plugins are for you!

Check em out here. Comments are welcome, but bear in mind, these plugins do exactly what I need them to, so the chance of me fixing any issues you have with them are slim.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you also write an investopedia plugin? You should add that to the list

7:58 AM  
Blogger egoodwin said...

I did write one at some point in the past, but since then there has been another version posted to mozdev that I assume is being maintained by the author.

I also wrote a plugin for the University of Houston Main Campus library that I lost when I got rid of my work laptop. I may rewrite that one at some point and post that here as well.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home